These questions my parents gave me are sometimes quite funny. I’m three weeks behind right now (life’s been busy) so I’m trying to catch up. My wife, Katrina, looked through the jar o’ questions to find which ones were short and easy. Today’s question:
What is your mate’s name?
Sweet! Done deal. Well, I spose I should elaborate somewhat. I’m one of those lucky guys that marries the girl that everyone likes and wants to hang out with. Katrina makes friends easily because she’s very open and unassuming. She doesn’t judge people – almost ever. It’s an attribute that make her very easy to be with. I have a list 17 miles long of reasons I love her but here are a few of the highlights in no particular order:
- She makes everything more enjoyable. It doesn’t matter what we’re doing, if I’m with Katrina it’s three times as fun. Unless, of course, what we’re doing is fighting. But more on that in a moment
- We’re on the same page. When it comes to parenting, eating, movie watching, hanging out, shopping or almost any other area of life, we agree. We have our differences but we’re not fighters. We almost never fight, actually.
- She’s hot. We’ve been married for over ten years and she looks better than ever. If anything, she’s become even more attractive and more of a woman. She’s at the gym 5-6 days a week and she works hard to look good. Me likey.
- She’s an awesome Mom. She takes great care of our four kids – helping them to learn and grow, being patient when they would drive me nuts, disciplining affectively and always showing her love for them.
- She’s patient with me. Between my day job, my start-up business, my contract work, my church callings and my hobbies, I keep pretty busy. This often translates into her watching the kids more than she bargained for and, while she has every right to complain, she’s patient and does what needs to be done.
- She’s her own person. Katrina isn’t easily swayed by others. She believes what she believes and she takes others’ viewpoints into consideration but she doesn’t change her personality every few days. She knows what’s right and sticks to it.
- She’s a good example of living the gospel but she won’t rub it in your face. ‘Nuff said.
So that’s my Katrina. We met and loved each other right away. That was almost 14 years ago. We’re a little bit growed up now but we’re still the same dorky kids. And we still have crushes on each other.